User Experience Researcher
Who We Are
HowHookup is the modern love company. We help people fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives. You can read more about us here.
We have three main products:
- HowHookup Dating is the offline dating site. Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowHookup for Couples helps couples have wonderful experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content about dating and relationships.
As HowHookup’s first full-time user testing manager, you will be directly responsible for planning and conducting user research with the goal of creating actionable recommendations aligned with our business goals. Your understanding of our users will be driven by both qualitative research (user testing, interviews, persona development) and working with our data science team on quantitative research. Your insights will bring the voice of current and potential users into the organization, supporting strategic efforts in design, product, and marketing for both our current products and potential new products.
- For each of our products, planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research using a variety of methodologies
- Executing research processes from end to end, including participant recruiting, participant screening, scheduling, writing test plans, creating surveys and summarizing results into actionable recommendations for the product and design teams
- Working with our data science team to analyze user behavior through our existing application data & to create UX metrics to measure against and track over time that help illustrate the impact of design changes on the user experience
- Communicating user behaviors and insights in compelling, creative ways, focusing on actionable recommendations
- Crafting stories using internal and external data sources that frame user needs and challenges and guide product design
- Passionately advocating for our users throughout the product roadmapping process
You are intensely and pragmatically curious. You are able to get things done with a high quality standard, no matter how complex the workflows or planning. You will bring rigorous analytical skills, bold hypotheses, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude towards moving the needle for our business. You are a top-notch communicator, even-keeled under stress, and generally positive.
Specific Qualifications Include:
- 1-3 years of experience in user research, preferably in a startup environment
- Solid understanding of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Excellent time and project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and execute efficiently
- Ability to distill a wide variety of source materials into clear and actionable recommendations
- Proven track record of successfully advocating for your point of view while respecting a team-oriented decision-making process
- Experience working in a cross-functional role; ideally directly with Design, Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams
- Close attention to detail and high quality standards - you’re a near-perfectionist who is still excellent at getting things done
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Continued Learning — We'll pay for team members to attend conferences and get coaching to continue learning their craft
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental — Exceptional Health Benefits.
- Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Ruti Wajnberg, VP of Product at .