10 Signs It’s the Real Thingby Jennifer Armstrong on April 18, 2020
1. He actually measures up to the impossible romantic standards set years ago by your high school boyfriend (who turned out to be gay).
2. You’ve forgotten to Facebook stalk — ahem, caringly check up on the life circumstances of — the college girlfriend you never got over.
3. You don’t need drinks to have fun together.
4. You don’t wake up mortifyingly embarrassed because you drank too much together the night before.
6. You stopped checking your online dating profile for new hits, winks, messages, hot lists, etc.
Related: 4 Random Signs He’s Into You
7. You can work her name into any conversation. (“Speaking of spoons, she did the cutest thing on our first date where she stirred her coffee with a spoon …”)
8. You can’t help kissing him passionately when he reveals he’s looking for a real relationship — and hoping to God you can have exactly just that with him.
9. You’ve forgotten all about that friend you’ve been secretly pining for over the last several years.
10. Both of you are breaking every dating rule in the book: calling and texting just hours after your first date instead of the requisite two days; hooking up on the second date; introducing each other to parents and friends weeks after meeting. And, lo and behold, instead of “ruining” your relationship, these “bad decisions” just keep turning out perfectly.