San Francisco Dating Trends: Wine over Beer, Brunch over Dinnerby Scott Alden on July 06, 2020
Hey San Franciscans! We’ve been checking out dating trends on HowHookup in your city and we thought you’d be interested. After all, knowing how your city likes to date goes along way toward getting you dates. Here’s a few tips based on the data we’ve collected:
1. Wake up hungry: The most successful San Francisco date, hands-down, is brunch.
On average, brunch dates get almost 2x as many responses as any other date activities. Brunch is a great way to get to know someone in a more relaxed setting than the traditional dinner date. In fact…
2. Fine dining is out: The least successful dates are fancy dinners.
Apparently, San Franciscans are all set with the pressure of a white tablecloth and a big check on a first date.
3. Know your wine: Wine dates outnumber beer dates almost 3 to 1
You don’t have to be a connoisseur, but if you’re dating in SF, knowing a little about wine coudn’t hurt.
4. Be here now: Take your date to one of the top three dating ‘hoods in SF.
The three most popular neighborhoods for dates are…
2. The Mission
3. Hayes Valley
A word to the wise: asking someone out to a cool neighborhood with lots to do is more likely to get a response than some more obscure locale.
5. Don’t be afraid to get outside: Hiking dates are hugely popular in San Francisco.
Actually, hiking dates are suggested more often in San Francisco than anywhere else in the country. So chances are, if you suggest an outdoor adventure date, somebody’s going to bite.
Well, San Francisco, knowledge is power and now you’ve got the facts. So get out there and start going on awesome dates in your city!
The Team @ HowHookup
photo by wallyg via flickr