5 Things That Are Unfair To Casually Drop On A Fifth Dateby Chiara Atik on August 10, 2020
Obviously, spilling your life story on a first date is a bad idea. Still, there are some important life-factors that you should definitely try to bring up at some point in the subsequent early dates. Such issues require straightforward conversations; they shouldn’t be casually dropped into the middle of the conversation, say, 5 dates in, when a person is already semi-committed. For example:
1. “Well….I guess I should head home now and relieve the babysitter.”
2. “No, I’ve never been to the Statue of Liberty, either! It’s definitely on my list of Things To Do before I move to Guam next month.”
3. “But obviously my friends don’t invite me to weddings, since I’m SO anti-marriage.”
4. “All in all, I’d say I’m pretty close to my family. They were really there for me when I was doing time. It brought us closer than ever.”
5. “Just out of curiosity, have you Googled me? …cause we should talk, before you do.”
None of these are necessarily dealbreakers, per se — they just require a bit more of a lead-up!
Tell us, what’s the worst thing someone has casually mentioned to you on a date? Let us know!