10 Signs Your Starbucks Boyfriend Is Actually In Love With Youby Chiara Atik on September 09, 2020
There is something very special about the relationship between a person and their coffee barista. He or she is the first person you see every morning, they know exactly how you like your coffee, and they always seem way happier to see you than your grumpy co-workers do. Something about this early-morning flirtation leaves you hopped up on way more than just caffeine.
It’s no wonder, really, that so many people end up falling in love with their baristas.
But, given that these mythical and unattainable beings basically make money by being charming to customers, how can you tell if your Starbucks Boyfriend (or Coffee Bean Girlfriend) really likes you?
Here are ten signs to look for:
1. He knows your name, and spells it right.
2. She notices if you don’t come in, and asks you where you were the next day.
3. He sometimes gives you your drink for free, or throws in a pastry, or something.
4. She makes hearts out of the foam, and points it out to you.
5. He always makes time for a little small talk with you, no matter how long the line is.
6. She mentions things about her personal life, like where she hangs out or what she does in her spare time.
7. He asks you “to go or to stay?” every time, and looks disappointed when you say “to go” every time.
8. She always comes out to say hi to you, even if she isn’t working the counter that day.
9. He goes out of his way to ask how the coffee is, and if you like it, reminding you that he can make it stronger/sweeter if you want.
10. She does THIS to your cup:
Of course, all of these signs are just indicators of possible interest — the only surefire way to tell if he or she is actually interested is if they make a move to ask you out.
If you’re brave, (and if you have another coffee shop backup nearby, in case things go terribly wrong) you can always do the asking out yourself.
The cutest way to do it?
Leave your number (or business card) in the tip jar.
(Just don’t ask him/her out for coffee.)