Spring Forward: How Not to Lose An Hour Of Sleep This Weekendby Chiara Atik on March 08, 2020
Bad news about this weekend: it’s time to “Spring Forward,” which means that somewhere between 1 and 2 am on Sunday morning, we lose an hour. It just, poof!, disappears on us, and we get one less hour of sleep. (This is much less fun than when we turn the clocks back in the fall, and you get a 25th hour to extend your date night.)
So, with you, dear, sleep-deprived, readers in mind, the HowHookup team strategized on how you can save an hour on Saturday night, by simply shaving off a few mundane minutes here and there from your date. You won’t lose any sleep, and you won’t have to skip any good parts of the date (like, say, foreplay).
Here’s what we came up with:
1) Text your date with a plan, instead of going back and forth with endless “What do you want to do?” “I don’t know, what are you in the mood for??” (This is a good idea regardless of daylight savings.)
Time Saved: 12 minutes.
2) Make a reservation. (Once again, always a good idea to do this on a date.)
Time Saved: 15 minutes (At least.)
3) Look up the menu online. Email it to your date under the guise of “Omg, I’m totally going to order the ____.” Then, once the waiter comes to take your drink order, you’ll be able to order everything.
Time Saved: 6 minutes.
4) If you (or your date) tend to wear difficult-to-walk-in shoes, trade ‘em in for flats for one night (so you can avoid hobbling along at a cripplingly slow rate).
Time Saved: 4 minutes.
5) Pull a “Giuliana Rancic – aka slip the waiter your credit card when your date goes to the bathroom. That way, he can run it at the end of the meal and you won’t have to ask for the bill.
Time Saved: 3 minutes.
5) If you’re not driving, order a car instead of waiting to hail a cab. If you are, skip valet.
Time Saved: 7 minutes.
6) Start making out in the car/elevator/walk up to your front door. That way, when you get home, you won’t have to waste any time “unwinding,” feeding the cat, perfunctorily turning on the TV, etc. You can just…go into the bedroom.
Time Saved: 8 minutes.
7) Brush your teeth at the same time, like that super cute scene from Bring It On that made you swoon in high school.
Time Saved: 5 minutes.
Total Time Saved: 60 Minutes, aka 1 hour, aka, you won’t get the best of US, Daylight Savings Time!