The Top 5 Times It’s So Good to Be Singleby Chiara Atik on May 01, 2020
That time you’re at a big family dinner and your cousin Julia is like, “What about you, are you seeing anyone?” and you make a defensive joke while your mouth is full of food.
That time your friend’s boyfriend gave you unwanted tips on how to be more appealing to guys (e.g.”You just gotta be more chill”).
Yep. Been there. It sucks.
But there are also those times when you think to yourself “Thank GOD I’m single right now.”
In no particular order, here are the top 5:
1. That time when your new co-worker turns out to be A) really cute, B) really flirty, and C) unattached.
2. That time when your best friend calls you to complain about the fight she just had with her girlfriend. Again.
3. That time when you drag yourself out to a party that you don’t really want to go to on a rainy Tuesday night, and end up making out with someone you meet and having an amazing time.
4. That time when you just feel like disappearing for a week or two, whether it’s on vacation or in your own apartment, and you don’t have to check in with anyone before doing so.
5. That time between figuring out you’re really into someone and your first kiss with them. Because you only get one of that particular brand of butterfly-in-the-stomach, “do they like me back?” moments per person. It’s exciting! And after the first kiss, as wonderful and happy as you feel, that particular flavor of excitement is gone.
Want more reasons it’s great to be single? Check out our post, 15 Perks to Being Single and Dating.